Competition Terms and Conditions
VA-X and Win Competition
1. Information on how to enter this Promotion, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each Entrant.
2. Entry is open to active Velocity Frequent Flyer members who reside in Australia aged 18 years and over who have had two (2) doses of Therapeutic Goods Administration (“TGA”)-approved COVID-19 vaccinations in Australia at the time of entry into this Promotion (Entrants).
3. The Promoter is Velocity Frequent Flyer Pty Ltd (ACN 601 408 824) of registered address 275 Grey St, South Brisbane QLD 4101.
4. The directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and agencies associated with this Promotion are not eligible to enter this Promotion.
5. The Promotion commences at 12:01 am AEST on 1 September 2021 and ends at 11:59 pm AEDT on 31 December 2021 (Promotion Period).
6. To enter the Promotion, Entrants must, during the Promotion Period, (1) provide their full name, email address and Velocity member number via the entry form on https://competitions.virginaustralia.com/competition/vaxandwin; and (2) agree to provide proof of receipt of a TGA-approved COVID-19 vaccine and that both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine had been received at the time of entry if the Entrant is a Winner.
7. COVID-19 vaccines must be undertaken on the advice of a health practitioner. To find out if you are eligible to receive a vaccine, please visit the Vaccine Eligibility Tracker at: https://www.health.gov.au/resources/apps-and-tools/covid-19-vaccine-eligibility-checker.
8. There is a limit of one entry per person for the duration of the Promotion Period.
9. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise including those entries not received by the Promoter.
10. If you enter the Promotion but no longer wish to participate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be removed from the Promotion.11. Costs associated with entering the Promotion remain an Entrant’s responsibility and may vary.
C. Selecting Winners
12. The draw will be conducted on 10 January 2022 at 10:00am AEDT at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5, Erina Plaza, 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina, NSW 2250. All decisions of the Promoter are final and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into by the Promoter. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible Entrant is drawn.
13. The winner or winners (a Winner) will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw/relevant draw and their names will be published on www.velocityfrequentflyer.com on 12 January 2022.
14. If a prize is not claimed within 3 months of the draw, a redraw will occur. A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on 11 April 2022 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority.
15. A redrawn Winner, if any, will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw. The name of any re-draw Winner will be published on www.velocityfrequentflyer.com on 13 April 2022.
16. Entries not fully complying with these Conditions of Entry may be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Conditions of Entry, the entry will be discarded and the relevant prize will be re-awarded in accordance with the relevant clause of these Conditions of Entry as if the discarded entry had not been received.
17. This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the outcome.
18. There are 250 Prizes to be won. The first 250 valid entries drawn will win:
a) 1st Prize: Winner will win 1,000,000 Velocity Points (estimated value of $30,516.43AUD including GST) which will be awarded to the winner’s Velocity Frequent Flyer account as set out in paragraph 21.
b) 2nd Prize: The next 10 Winners will each win 100,000 Velocity Points (estimated value of $3,051.60AUD including GST) which will be awarded to the winner’s Velocity Frequent Flyer account as set out in paragraph 21.
c) 3rd Prize: The next 25 Winners will each win a Prize Certificate for a return domestic Business Class flight for one person with Virgin Australia (estimated value of $1,500AUD including GST).
d) 4th Prize: The next 50 Winners will each win a Prize Certificate for a return domestic Economy Class flight for one person with Virgin Australia (estimated value of $500AUD including GST).
e) 5th Prize: The next 30 Winners will each win a Virgin Australia Lounge membership valid for 12 months from issue (estimated value of $399.00AUD including GST).
f) 6th Prize: The next 50 Winners will each win 10,000 Velocity Points (estimated value of $305.00AUD including GST) which will be awarded to the winner’s Velocity Frequent Flyer account as set out in paragraph 21.
g) 7th Prize: The next 85 Winners will each win a set of Virgin Australia pyjamas (estimated value of $15AUD including GST).
19. Total prize value is $151,502AUD (including GST). The prizes are not exchangeable, transferrable and cannot be taken as cash.
20. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
21. The Velocity Points will be credited to your account within 30 days of acceptance of the Prize by the Winners.
22. Use of Velocity Points is subject to the Velocity Members Terms and Conditions, which are located on the Velocity Frequent Flyer website at: https://www.velocityfrequentflyer.com/content/TermsConditions/
23. The first valid entry drawn will win the first prize of 1,000,000 Velocity Points which may be redeemed for goods and services with a maximum value of $30,516.43AUD (including GST). The next 10 entries drawn will win the second prize of 100,000 Velocity Points which may be redeemed for goods and services with a maximum value of $3,051.60AUD (including GST) The 50 entries drawn for sixth prize of 10,000 Velocity Points which may be redeemed for goods and services with a maximum value of $305.00AUS (including GST). Velocity Points will be allocated to the Velocity Member’s Account only. Value is based on a sample of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points options that could be obtained by redeeming the prize through the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program at the time of this Promotion (as more fully defined in the terms and conditions of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program which can be viewed at www.velocityrewards.com). The estimate of value is provided for the purposes of licensing this promotion only – the value of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points will vary depending on how and when they are redeemed by the winners through the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program.
24. The Velocity Points can be redeemed through the Velocity Points program in several ways, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program and Velocity Frequent Flyer Points store.
25. Flights are subject to Virgin Australia’s Conditions of Carriage which are located on the Virgin Australia website at www.virginaustralia.com.
26. To redeem the flights, each prize winner will be given further instructions on how to redeem the Prize Certificate via email upon being notified they are a winner.
27. Flight prizes are subject to booking, flight availability and any relevant blackout periods.
28. If for any reason, the Winner does not, once the flights have been booked, notify Virgin Australia at least 24 hours prior to scheduled departure that they are unable to take the booked flight at the time stipulated, their prize will be forfeited and cannot be redeemed for cash.
29. The Prize flights will not earn Velocity Points.
30. Virgin Australia Lounge Memberships are subject to the Lounge Terms and Conditions and Lounge Rules.
31. It is a Winner’s responsibility to ensure that they have requisite visas, vaccinations, valid documentation (including but not limited to valid passports and visas) which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
32. A Winner is responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals, drinks, transfers, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes, energy surcharges, gratuities, service charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
33. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination or as part of the prize.
34. The prize will be awarded to the Entrant named in the entry.
E. Contacting the Entrant
35. By entering this Promotion, Entrants agree to be contacted in relation to this Promotion by the Promoter. Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
36. To be eligible to be a Winner, an Entrant must provide evidence that the Entrant has received both doses of a COVID-19 vaccine and that both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine had been received at the time of entry into the Promotion. If a Winner does not provide evidence that the Winner has received a COVID-19 vaccine to the Promoter’s reasonable satisfaction, the Winner will be deemed to not be eligible to receive the Prize.
37. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a Winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
38. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a Winner does not accept the prize (or an element of the prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
39. he Promoter reserves the right to request that a Winner provides proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a Winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
F. Intellectual Property
40. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the Promotion including but not limited to comments, recordings and images (“Content”). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
a. they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
b. their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
c. they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
d. the Content is the original artistic and/or literary work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party;
e. they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
f. they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the Entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
41. As a condition of entering this Promotion, Entrants hereby assign to the Promoter, all right, title and interest in and to all intellectual property rights (including copyright but excluding moral rights) in any material created pursuant to the Entrant’s participation in any aspect of the Promotion (Works). Entrants acknowledge that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the Entrant will not be entitled to any fee for such use. Such use may include social media channels, publications including our inflight magazine, television commercials. Entrants agree they may not be attributed as the author of the Works and that the Promoter may undertake any act or omission in relation to the Works, which may otherwise constitute an infringement of their moral rights.
42. The Promoter may want a Winner to participate in promotional activity after the Promotion has ended. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to a Winner, the Winner permits the Winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Winner’s participation in the prize to appear in any media whatsoever throughout the world for an unlimited period and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
43. The Promoter will not be liable for any tax liability, including without limitation income tax, fringe benefits tax, or any liability or loss of opportunity due to reportable fringe benefits, incurred by a Winner, an Entrant, and/or in regards to any connection with participating in the Promotion or the receipt or use of any prize.
44. Entrants or the Winners will be required to pay any taxes and other airport related charges (including any applicable GST on those taxes and charges) which may be due on receipt or use of the prize.
45. Entrants should seek independent financial advice to ensure they understand possible tax implications in relation to any tax liability and/or reportable fringe benefits before acceptance or use of a prize.
46. The Promoter not accept responsibility for and makes no representations about any tax liability as a result of participating in the Promotion or from receiving or using any of the prizes.
47. The other party must ensure that all promotional and marketing material prepared by the other party relating to the Promotion sufficiently notifies Entrants of the above conditions.
48. The Promoter, its agents and associate companies are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any variation in the prize value to that stated in these Conditions of Entry.
49. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a Winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the Winner and/or the Winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
50. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Entrant.
51. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these Conditions of Entry, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
52. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
53. Nothing in these Conditions of Entry limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) in Australia, or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies (and their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way in connection with this Promotion or any prize/s. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect or inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; (iv) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Conditions of Entry; and (v) acceptance and/or use of any prize (including but not limited to any component of a Winner’s trip).
54. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Promotion. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
55. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, internet failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
58. Entrant’s personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and Winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
59. NSW Permit Number: TP/00381 and ACT Permit Number TP 21/01417 and SA Permit Number T21/1290