Competition Terms and ConditionsGame of Skill
SIXT Competition Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter this Promotion, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Competition Terms and Conditions. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Competition Terms and Conditions by each Entrant.
2. Entry is open to current Velocity Frequent Flyer members aged 21 years and over, residing in Australia or New Zealand, who book a rental car with Promoter between 13th March 2023 and 31st March 2023 (Promotion Period), and collect the car for travel between 13th March 2023 and 30th June 2023 (Travel Period) and earn Velocity Points in accordance with the terms and conditions on the Velocity Frequent Flyer website at https://experience.velocityfrequentflyer.com/partners-offers/cars-hotels/sixt (Entrants). The Promoter is Kingmill Pty Ltd t/a SIXT Car Rental of Level 13, 151 Clarence Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000, Australia (Promoter).
3. The directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of Kingmill Pty Ltd t/a SIXT Car Rental, Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd (“Virgin Australia”) and Velocity Frequent Flyer Pty Ltd, and their associated franchisees, agencies and companies are not eligible to enter this Promotion.
4. The Promotion commences at 00:01 am AEDT on 13th March 2023 and ends at 11:59 pm AEDT on 31st March 2023.
5. To enter the Promotion, Entrants must:
6. There is a limit of one entry per Eligible Rental for the duration of the Promotion Period.
7. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time the Entrant collects the booked rental vehicle and not at the time of booking. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. If a booking is cancelled or refunded at any time then the entry or entries will be deemed invalid. Illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise including those entries not received by the Promoter.
8. If you enter the Promotion but no longer wish to participate, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be removed from the Promotion.
9. Costs associated with entering the Promotion remain an Entrant’s responsibility and may vary.
C. Selecting Winners
10. This is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged; the criteria for judging includes, amongst other things, the originality, creative merit and relevance of the answer to the question.
11. The judging will be conducted at 3:00 pm AEST on 18th July 2023 at the Promoter’s registered address. All decisions of the Promoter are final and binding on each Entrant, no discussions or correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible Entrant.
12. The name and state of a winner or winners (a Winner) will be announced on www.sixt.com.au and experience.velocityfrequentflyer.com/, fourteen (14) days after judging has occurred. The Winner will be notified within seven (7) days from the draw date, by phone or email where further contact information and details will be requested including, but not limited to, full name, phone, email, and address.
13. If a Prize is not claimed within three (3) months of publication, a new winner will be selected from the reserve entries noted in clause 11.
14. A replacement Winner will be notified by phone or email seven (7) days after the draw. The name and state of the replacement Winner will be published on www.sixt.com.au, and experience.velocityfrequentflyer.com/, fourteen (14) days after the re-draw date. Once a replacement winner is selected the original Winner will have no claim to the Prize.
15. Entries not fully complying with these Competition Terms and Conditions may be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Competition Terms and Conditions, the entry will be discarded and the relevant Prize will be re-awarded in accordance with the relevant clause of these Competition Terms and Conditions as if the discarded entry had not been received.
16. The use of automated entry software or other mechanical, electronic or other means that allow an Entrant to automatically enter the Promotion repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by the Entrant invalid.
17. All decisions of the Promoter are final and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into.
18. There is one (1) Prize to be won. The Prize consists of 250,000 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points
19. The maximum total Prize value is $7,200 AUD (excluding GST). The Prize is not exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
20. The Velocity Frequent Flyer Points will be credited to the Winner’s Frequent Flyer account by 18th August 2023.
21. Use of Velocity Frequent Flyer Points is subject to the Velocity Members Terms and Conditions, which are located on the Velocity Frequent Flyer website at https://www.velocityfrequentflyer.com/content/TermsConditions/.
22. To be eligible to accept the Prize, the Winner must have fully complied with the entry process in Clause 5.
23. The Prize may be redeemed for goods and services that are purchasable using Velocity Frequent Flyer Points. The Velocity Frequent Flyer Points will be allocated to the Velocity Frequent Flyer Member’s account only. Value is based on a sample of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points options that could be obtained by redeeming the Prize through the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program at the time of this Promotion (as more fully defined in the terms and conditions of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program which can be viewed at www.velocityfrequentflyer.com). The estimate of value is provided for the purposes of licensing this promotion only – the value of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points will vary depending on how and when they are redeemed by the Winners through the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program.
The Velocity Frequent Flyer Points can be redeemed through the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program in several ways, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program and Velocity Frequent Flyer store.
24. The Promoter, its agents and associate companies are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any variation in the Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions.
25. The Prize will be awarded to the Entrant named in the entry.
E. Contacting the Entrant
26. By entering this Promotion, Entrants agree to be contacted in relation to this Promotion by the Promoter. Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.By accepting the Prize, Winners agree to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the Prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed. Winners will not be entitled to any fee for participating in these activities.
27. If for any reason the Winner does not redeem the Prize (or an element of the Prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the Prize (or that element of the Prize) will be forfeited.
F. Intellectual Property
28. The Promoter may want a Winner to participate in promotional activity after the Promotion has ended. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the Prize to a Winner, the Winner permits the Winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Winner’s participation in the Prize to appear in any media whatsoever throughout the world for an unlimited period and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to request that a Winner provides proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a Prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a Winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Winner will forfeit the Prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
30. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the Promotion including but not limited to comments, recordings and images (Content). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever.
31. The Promoter will not be liable for any tax liability, including without limitation income tax, fringe benefits tax, or any liability or loss of opportunity due to reportable fringe benefits, incurred by a Winner, an Entrant or their employer in regards to any connection with participating in the Promotion or the receipt or use of any Prize.
32. Winners will be required to pay any taxes and other airport related charges (including any applicable GST on those taxes and charges) which may be due on receipt or use of the Prize.
33. Entrants should seek independent financial advice to ensure they understand possible tax implications in relation to any tax liability and/or reportable fringe benefits before acceptance or use of a Prize.
34. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for and makes no representations about any tax liability as a result of participating in the Promotion or from receiving or using any of the Prizes.
35. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Competition Terms and Conditions or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a Winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the Winner and/or the Winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion.
36. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these Competition Terms and Conditions , including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
37. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
38. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Promotion and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) in Australia, or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies (and their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way in connection with this Promotion or any Prize/s. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect or inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, Prize claims or Prizes; and (iv) acceptance and/or use of any Prize (including but not limited to any component of a Winner’s trip).
39. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Competition Terms and Conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Promotion. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
40. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, internet failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
43. Entrant’s personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and Winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
44. In the event of a dispute, Entrants must contact the Promoter and attempt to resolve the dispute in good faith. If the matter can't be resolved, either party may refer the matter to a mediator. The costs of the mediation will be shared equally between the parties.
45. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law (including the Non-Excludable Guarantees), the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) will not be liable to an Entrant for, and the Entrant waives and releases the Promoter in respect of all liability (including but not limited to all expenses, costs, damages, claims, losses) arising in any way out of or in connection with:
a. any act or omission of an Entrant;
b. any breach of these Terms & Conditions by the Entrant;
c. any personal injury or death or property loss or damage;
d. claiming the Prize;
e. use of the Prize in any way;
f. any theft of any Prize or unauthorised access or third party interference in the Promotion;
g. any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged, delayed, corrupted or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
h. any tax liability incurred by a winning Entrant; or
i. except to the extent such liability was caused or contributed to by the Promoter’s negligent act or negligent omission.
46. Force Majeure: Neither Party will be liable for any delay or failure to perform their respective obligations under this Agreement if such delay or failure is caused or contributed to by a Force Majeure Event. Force Majeure means any event or circumstance which is beyond a Party’s reasonable control including but not limited to, acts of God including fire, hurricane, typhoon, earthquake, landslide, tsunami, mudslide or other catastrophic natural disaster, civil riot, civil rebellion, revolution, terrorism, insurrection, militarily usurped power, act of sabotage, act of a public enemy, war (whether declared or not) or other like hostilities, ionising radiation, contamination by radioactivity, nuclear, chemical or biological contamination, any widespread illness, quarantine or government sanctioned ordinance or shutdown, pandemic (including COVID-19 and any variations or mutations to this disease or illness) or epidemic.
47. Currency: Unless the contrary intention appears, a reference in these terms or in any advertisement relating to the Promotion, to Australian dollars, dollars, AUD$ or $ is a reference to the lawful currency of Australia.
48. Amendments: These Terms and Conditions may be amended or replaced from time to time if required by any regulatory authority.